• What can be embedded?
• The designer should try and keep the "pull-ups" and "pull-down" resistor values as low as possible.
• 10K pull down >>> 1K
• 10K pull ups >>> 4.7K, 3.3K, 2.2.K
• To reduce cell size.
• Mostly to be used in digital designs
• For precise values (1%) trimming is required
• Better functionality as we lower the inductance from:
• 0.9 nH in a1206 SMT resistor, to:
• 0.4 nH for an embedded resistor
• Because of its thin film 0.1-0.4 micron, it can be buried within layers without increasing the PCB thickness
• The estimated failure rate is less than 0.001 resistor elements per 1 million operating hours
• The cost benefit starts once the resistors density is 3-4 resistors/square inch of a board
Adcom © 2004 - 2009 All Rights Reserved